1 red bell pepper, chopped into a small dice
1 green bell pepper, chopped into a small dice
1 yellow bell pepper, chopped into a small dice
1 medium white onion, chopped into a small dice
2 cloves garlic, chopped fine
half stick of unsalted butter
kosher salt and white pepper to taste
4 oz of crab meat (not the imitation stuff…you’ll need the real deal for this)
4 oz of Japanese panko breadcrumbs
80z seafood stock (found at some WalMart stores or Whole Foods Market)
2lbs 26/30shrimp, raw, peeled and de-veined
2 Tsp dried dill
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Heat a pan on the stove on medium high heat for a minute. Add in butter.
3. Add in all three of the peppers along with the onions and garlic. Season. Cook until the vegetables are soft.
4. Add in the crabmeat…cook for 5 minutes.
5. Add contents from pan into a large bowl. Pour in panko and stir until incorporated. Pour seafood stock into the mixture. Mix until incorporated. Season. Set aside.
6. Rinse shrimp. Following the line on the back of the shrimp, cut a slit on the back of each shrimp and fill with the stuffing mixture.
7. Season shrimp with kosher salt and dill. Put into oven and cook until pink and they read an internal temp of 165F.