I cater a meeting for a diabetic care team once a month for my job. I came up with this dessert just in time for the fall season. This dessert is super healthy and sugar free. You wouldn’t even know it!!
Sweet Potato Mousse w/ cinnamon whipped cream
1 can sweet potato, mashed
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tbsp stevia
2 cups cold heavy cream
1. Drain sweet potatoes. In a bowl, mash the sweet potatoes with a potato masher until smooth. Add the cinnamon, nutmeg, and stevia. (If potatoes look too chunky, add a few drops of heavy cream then continue mashing.)
2. In a stand mixer with a whip attachment, pour the heavy cream into the bowl (got best results, chill the bowl in the freezer for 30min). Whip the cream on medium high speed until the cream forms stuff peaks. Add in the remaining spices.
3. Fold half of the amount of whipped cream into the sweet potatoes. Mixture will be a fluffy pudding like consistency.
4. Divide the mixture into small bowls. Chill for at least an hour or until firm.
5. Put the remainder of the whipped cream into a piping bag. Remove the mousse from the fridge and pipe a small amount of whipped cream on the top of the mousse.
Dust the top with cinnamon. Serve cold.