Totally vegan, but totally delicious!!
Makes 4 medium sized burgers.
1 can of black beans
2 oz tofu
1 tsp chopped garlic
2 oz roasted red pepper
1 tsp granulated garlic
1 tsp Tapatio brand hot sauce
1/4 c quinoa
1/8 c bulgar
1. Cook quinoa and bulgar according to package directions. Drain and squeeze out excess water.
2. Pulse the first 6 ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
3. Mix all ingredients including tahini. Make into patties. Put in the fridge for at least 45 minutes to firm.
4. Sear patties in a non stick pan until they are brown on each side (3 minutes each side). If patties are sticking, add a drop or two of canola oil in the pan.
5. Serve hot on a bun or on a bed of lettuce with your favorite sauce!