My fiancé has a potluck tomorrow at his job and needs to contribute something. I decided to make a batch of these delicious muffins. The recipe is an old one with some of my flair added to it. Packed with a good amount of fiber, these are a good alternative to a traditional muffin. My favorite part of the recipe is that it calls for old fashioned oats. I detest oatmeal, but since it is hidden, I get a good dose.
The original recipe didn’t have a streusel topping. I thought that the muffin needed an extra something to make it even more delicious. Streusel is so easy to make and can be put on top of anything that you bake.
I doubled the recipe for the potluck and it yielded 26 medium sized muffins. You can make them as large as you want or make mini ones. Do not over bake!! These muffins are at it’s best when they are soft and pillowy with the blueberries still whole and moist.
Try them out and let me know what you think!!
Blueberry Vanilla Streusel Muffins
1 1/2 cup ap (all purpose) flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup old fashioned oats
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup milk
1 egg, beatened
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup frozen blueberries (tossed with 2 tbsp of granulated sugar to prevent them from bleeding during baking)
1/2 cup ap flour
1/4 c brown sugar
1/2 stick of unsalted butter
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Grease a muffin tin with non stick spray or use cupcake liners.
3. Sift flour, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Add in oats and sugar. Stir lightly until incorporated.
4. Combine wet ingredients in a bowl. Pour into the dry mixture and gently mix until moisturized. Fold in the blueberries.
5. Make the streusel topping. Add ingredients to a small bowl and crumble with hand until mixed together.
6. With a scoop, fill muffin cups with mix (2/3 of the way full). Cover the top with the streusel topping.
7. Bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes sticking a toothpick in the middle and it coming out clean.
8. Remove immediately to a cooking rack.
9. Enjoy warm or room temp.
Leave comments please!!!